Can I get a settlement to pay less than I owe on unpaid taxes?

Some qualified individuals can settle their tax liability for less than what they owe. An Offer in Compromise (OIC) is part of the Internal Revenue Service’s Fresh Start program and is an option that may result in a reduced amount owed. However, qualifying includes a number of conditions that may not be applicable to your individual situation or may not be in your best interest. If you would like to learn more about OICs and whether they are an option for you, we encourage you to schedule a free consultation with our tax experts.